VISTA Volunteer Coordinator
Do you believe that all children are entitled to a quality education? Are you passionate about building stronger communities and families? Are you looking for challenging, meaningful work that will have a positive and immediate impact on the lives of others? Do you believe in public service? Does art, music, dance or theater inspire you?
P.S. ARTS is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator through the L.A. Works Volunteer Corps VISTA (Americorps) program. The Volunteer Coordinator will play a vital role in the development of community and volunteer programs within a rapidly evolving organization. For the right candidate, this VISTA position is a perfect opportunity to learn on the job, work with smart/funny/interesting people, be challenged daily, grow with a nonprofit and use your skills and creativity.
With the support of the VISTA member, we hope to:
- Give structure and proper oversight to our existing volunteer opportunities.
- Integrate the volunteer program with our program, fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Recruit, diversify, and retain our volunteer corps.
- Increase the number of volunteers each year.
We envision the VISTA member’s tasks to involve the following:
- Long range projects:
- Development of a Volunteer Handbook based on best practices.
- Development of Volunteer Training modules for in-school, after-school, and community event volunteers.
- Research and development of potential volunteer partners, with a special emphasis on recruiting Senior Volunteers.
- Needs assessment of in-school volunteer opportunities.
- Development and piloting of Volunteer Program assessment strategies.
- Development and piloting of Volunteer recognition programs and events.
- Development and facilitation of employee training on how to best utilize a volunteer.
- Development of a strategy to integrate the Volunteer Program with all aspects of the organization.
- Daily tasks:
- Working with our community events coordinator to set up volunteer opportunities.
- Pre-event volunteer recruitment and training to ensure volunteer presence at every community event.
- Event logistics and volunteer oversight.
- Monitoring of volunteer performance.
- Updating volunteer opportunities website.
- Conducting recruitment events/presentations to potential partners and/or volunteer groups.
How To Apply:
The staff of P.S. ARTS is comprised of artists, arts-lovers, educators, and community organizers. We are all mission-driven, passionate about our work, inspired by our students, unafraid to experiment and fail, blessed with a strong work ethic, whip smart, constantly striving for excellence, serious when we need to be but we make each other laugh all the time. If you think you have valuable contributions to make and would thrive working in a team like the one described above, please click on the following link to the L.A. Works VISTA page for more position details and application information. (Bachelor’s degree and bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.)
Apply here: https://laworksnow.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/volunteer-corps-applications-due-june-1st/