P.S. ARTS is currently accepting applications for an Associate Director of External Affairs, an Education and Media Intern, and experienced Visual Arts Teaching Artists in the Central California area.
Position Description: Associate Director of External Affairs
Status: Full Time
With the oversight of Advancement Director, the Associate Director of External Affairs will oversee all communications activity within the organization, including developing and maintaining clear, branded, and consistent communication with P.S. ARTS stakeholders, broad community, and the general public; taking an active role event management; overseeing event PR and communication, as well advocacy-related communication strategies; managing event-specific fundraising; and guiding and measure strategies that drive engagement and revenue via P.S. ARTS’ marketing and outreach channels. This position will also cultivate and steward relationships with corporate and individual contributors and help position P.S. ARTS as a key player in the arts education field by cultivating relationships with the media and representing the organization at advocacy and policy events.
- Advise CEO, Advancement Director, and Board of Trustees on External Affairs-related issues, goals, and strategies;
- Drive organization awareness, advocacy, and PR in government, community, and VIP circles through marketing and event channels;
- Contribute to advancement department consent agenda and department report for the Board of Trustees as needed;
- Supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Collaborate with Advancement Director, CEO, and Externals Affairs Committee in creating and executing VIP/celebrity communications strategy in correlation with events;
- Oversee press activities and VIP/Dignitary support at P.S. ARTS events;
- Oversee creation and production of invitations, catalogs and event signage, and maintain external affairs-related information on the P.S. ARTS website;
- Cultivate and maintain strong volunteer relationships and serve as main point of contact for volunteer event committees;
- Support the programs team with Community Outreach events, as needed;
- Oversee Events Associate.
- In consultation with the CEO, Advancement Director, and senior staff as appropriate, draft and disseminate program-related press releases and statements;
- Develop relationships with local press contacts and media outlets;
- Create marketing plan for each major event and secure press coverage and placements;
- Attend local, regional, and national policy and advocacy events, as appropriate;
- Brief senior staff on critical arts education news and policy issues;
- In collaboration with the Advancement Director, draft compelling content and campaigns that highlight organizational priorities and drive email capture, social following, and donations;
- Analyze communication strategies to ensure efficacy and engagement;
- Oversee brand consistency across departments;
- Develop appropriate content for all communications outlets including website, printed materials, social media platforms, and weekly blog.
This position requires a self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented person. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Master’s degree preferred) and demonstrated commitment to P.S. ARTS’ mission. Experience with an agency or brand with a strong network of influencer relationships in arts, education, and/or entertainment industries is preferred. 2+ years of experience in event planning and management is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Associate Director of External Affairs” in the subject line. Please no phone calls or hard copies.